Upperclass and transfer students: Deadline for class withdrawals and pass/no pass selection is March 25

The last day for upperclass and transfer students to withdraw from a class or select the Pass/No Pass option is Friday, March 25. You can withdraw from a class through SIS if you are in good academic standing and will not fall below 12 hours. To withdraw from a class in SIS, go to the “other academic” drop-down box from your student page and select “Enrollment: drop.” This is the same process for drop/add, but you will receive a message reminding you that you will receive a “W” grade.

You may continue to withdraw from classes in SIS until 11:59 p.m. if you qualify for using the online process, but staff will not be available in the Registrar’s Office or the Office of Undergraduate Studies, so you may be stuck if you wait until after 5 p.m.

If you are not in good standing, will fall below 12 hours if you withdraw from a course, or want to talk to someone in UGS office before withdrawing from a class, stop by Sears Building, Room 357. You can find your dean’s walk-in hours at case.edu/ugstudies/walkin/ or you can call 216.368.2928 to make an appointment.

If you are planning to use the Pass/No Pass option for a class this semester, please complete the online P/NP ballot by 11:59 p.m. You may use P/NP for only one class other than those regularly graded P/NP, but must remain enrolled in at least three semester hours for an evaluative grade. If it’s a course required for your major, minor, or SAGES/breadth requirement, you can use the P/NP option, but the class will not count toward fulfilling the requirement, and you will need to take that class again for an evaluative grade or another applicable class to fulfill the requirement.

Students majoring in any Weatherhead School of Management major may not use the P/NP option for any Weatherhead School of Management courses (ACCT, BAFI, BLAW, ENTP, LHRP, MGMT, MIDS, MKMR, OPMT, ORBH, OPRE, PLCY), required or elective.

The Pass/No Pass option is not available to undergraduate degree candidates enrolled at the graduate or professional levels through the IGS program or Senior Year in Professional Studies or those participating in the Pre-college Scholars Program.