letter and envelope icon

Students: IRS Tax Form 1098-T to be issued; update your personal information

IRS Tax Form 1098-T will be issued to Case Western Reserve University students who incur deductible educational expenses for the tax year 2016.

Although Case Western Reserve does not require that students provide their Social Security Number (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) upon registration, for the university to fully comply with its tax-reporting responsibility, it should have each student’s current, correct SSN or ITIN for insertion in the 1098-T.

If you or someone who claims you as a dependent plans to deduct your educational expenses this year and your SSN or ITIN is not already in your Student Information System file, complete a CWRU Form W-9S (Social Security/Taxpayer Identification Number Form) and send it to the Office of the University Registrar by fax at 216.368.8711 or by mail to:

Office of the University Registrar
Yost Hall, Room 135
10900 Euclid Ave.
Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7042.

Additional information can be viewed online at case.edu/studentaccounts/1098t/.