University Health & Counseling Services is offering an additional informal opportunity for students to speak to a counselor. Support Space is a service that provides easy virtual access to informal, 15-minute confidential consultations with professionals from Counseling Services. Support Space is not a substitute for psychotherapy and does not constitute mental health treatment.
Support Space is the best fit for students who:
- Are not interested in ongoing counseling but would like the perspective of a professional;
- Wonder what it’s like to talk with a professional;
- Have a specific problem and would like someone with whom to talk it through; or
- Have a concern about a friend and want some thoughts about what to do
Support Space is available to all Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland Institute of Art and Cleveland Institute of Music undergraduate, graduate and professional students. Support Space sessions will be conducted over Zoom. Participants must register in advance and select a specific time. Zoom information will be sent prior to the scheduled time. Participants can choose whether or not to use video during the call.
Support Space is available during the following days/times (all time EST):
- Mondays: 1 to 3 p.m.
- Tuesdays: 1 to 3 p.m.
- Wednesday: 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Fridays: 1 to 3 p.m.
If you are in crisis or if this is an emergency, please call 216.368.5872 to speak with a counselor, 911 if off campus or 216.368.3333 if on campus.