In its 32nd year, the Staff Advisory Council continues to serve as an advisory group to suggest, comment, and provide feedback on policies and raise awareness of issues that affect the Case Western Reserve University community.
Some of the council’s recent successes include:
- Formed an ad hoc committee to review the Remote Work Policy and gathered extensive feedback from staff, and submitted a formal resolution to leadership, and represented the staff on a University Remote Work Task Force, which ultimately resulted in a new hybrid work policy.
- Developed and distributed a training and development survey for staff that received a 19% overall response rate from all parts of the university. The survey identified strengths and areas of concern which were reported to the Staff Advisory Council, Human Resources, the interim president and provost. As a result, Staff Development and Training Committee members implemented survey feedback through participation in the creation of two new positions for the Professional Development Center.
- Requested and received a revision of the Staff Policy Manual reflecting the existence of the annual Compensation Guidelines document and the exception process for raises exceeding those guidelines.
The 2021–22 executive committee is:
- Dawn Ellis, chair (department assistant at the Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences)
- Samantha Ciriaco, vice chair (director of experiential opportunities and outreach at the School of Law)
- Dedra Hanna Adams, secretary (financial aid director at the Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing)
- Jean Seneff, immediate past chair (director of academic administration for the Health Education Campus)
Attend a meeting
Staff employees are invited to join the meetings and reach out with questions, comments or concerns regarding their roles at Case Western Reserve. Upcoming meetings will be held:
- Friday, Dec. 10, from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Thursday, Feb. 10, from 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- Friday, April 8, from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
Interested in joining SAC?
Participation on the Staff Advisory Council is an honor and a responsibility that acknowledges each representative’s commitment to serving the CWRU staff members. Through participation in this council, representatives have an extraordinary opportunity to help shape the future of the University. If you are interested in serving on the council, please email email@example.com.