The Case Western Reserve University community is invited to participate in a special livestream event with former First Lady Michelle Obama on Tuesday, Nov. 9, hosted by Howard University.
The event will feature Michelle Obama in conversation with a moderator and selected students from a small group of participating colleges—including CWRU. In addition to sending a student to have dinner with Michelle Obama and attend the event in-person, the entire campus community will have virtual access to the free event and an opportunity to receive a free copy of Michelle Obama’s book Becoming.
Students, faculty and staff who are interested in joining this conversation virtually can register online using their case.edu email address before midnight on Friday, Nov. 5.
If you miss the deadline to register, you can still attend one of the on-campus watch parties on Tuesday, Nov. 9, at 1 p.m.—locations and registration can be found in CampusGroups.
The livestream event and student trip are sponsored by the:
- Vice President of Student Affairs and Dean of Students Office;
- Office of Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity;
- Office of the Provost;
- Graduate Student Council;
- Residence Hall Association;
- Interfraternity Congress and Panhellenic Council Executive Boards;
- University Student Government;
- University Diversity Collaborative;
- University Program Board;
- University Media Board; and
- Inamori Center for Ethics and Excellence.