The Women Staff Leadership Development Institute (WSLDI) has named its 2018-19 cohort. These women were chosen through a selective process and represent the 11th class of this program. Cohort members will spend a year participating in leadership workshops, self-assessments, career visioning, skill development and individual coaching. They also earn a “Women in Leadership” certificate from Weatherhead School of Management’s executive education program.
The program helps to fulfill the university’s strategic plan by promoting a seamless context of excellence and leadership in a collaborative atmosphere. The program increases the number of women staff members with skills that enable better communication, more collaboration and the development of trust across university units, establishing a synergy that promotes the university’s best practices and enhances the university’s ability to retain talented staff.
The members of this year’s class are
- Jody Bonhard, assistant director of chapter and regional programming, Alumni Association
- Samantha Ciriaco, director of experiential opportunities and outreach, Career Planning, School of Law
- Ruth D’Emilia, department administrator, Sears think[box]
- Beth Embrescia, senior director of fund development, University Relations and Development
- Adrian Griffin, associate director, Center for Civic Engagement and Learning
- Colleen Karlo, associate director of research compliance, Office of Research Administration
- Genevieve Kilmer, teaching and learning designer/technologist, Teaching and Learning Technologies
- Allison Morgan, program manager, Cleveland Humanities Collaborative, College of Arts and Sciences
- Maureen Purcell, senior director of development programs, Medical Development and External Affairs, School of Medicine
- Leah Shaw, associate director of leadership programs, Office of Student Activities and Leadership
- Daniela Solomon, research services librarian, Kelvin Smith Library
- Rachael Sommer, FreshLink program manager, Prevention Research Center for Healthy Neighborhoods
WSLDI is a program of the Flora Stone Mather Center for Women. For more information, contact Susan Freimark at firstname.lastname@example.org.