This event has been canceled.
A forum will be held on campus today to address the issue of violence against women in our communities and offer solutions to the problem.
The nonprofit organization Department of Collateral Damage’s Violence Against Women Coalition will host “Woman to Woman: Safety Forum” today (Nov. 3) at 6 p.m. in Tinkham Veale University Center, ballroom B.
Elder Beverly Johnson will moderate the event, which will feature the following panelists:
- Gayle Williams-Byers, South Euclid Municipal Court judge;
- Rachel Dissell, The Plain Dealer reporter;
- Frank Demes, executive director of public safety and security at CWRU;
- Yvonne Pointer, CEO of Gloria Pointer Foundation and Positive Plus;
- Yvonne Conwell, Cuyahoga County chairwoman; and
- Twon Billings, CEO of the Department of Collateral Damage’s Violence Against Women Coalition.
Doors will open at 5:30 p.m.
Light refreshments will be provided.