A research study is being conducted by Case Western Reserve University on how clarity of auditory information impacts the memory of that information.
All eligible individuals will be compensated for participating.
- You are between ages 18 and 25 or 60 and 75
- You have normal or near-normal hearing
- English is your native language
What does participation involve?
- You will be asked to fill out a demographic questionnaire and complete a cognitive screener. You will be tested while seated in a quiet room and will be asked to respond to comfortable sounds presented via headphones.
- You will listen to and repeat back or write down what you heard. This speech will be presented in quiet or in combination with background noise. You may also be asked to choose whether you previously heard a word or a sentence.
- You will be tested during a one hour session.
How do I enroll?
Scheduling is flexible! If you’re interested, please contact Silvia Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-375-5919.