Case Western Reserve University is looking for faculty and staff volunteers for its Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), which prepares employees to help themselves and each other—and to supplement the work of first responders—in the event of a campus crisis.
Up to 50 faculty and staff volunteers will learn fundamental disaster-response skills in order to assist with immediate needs during emergencies.
Volunteers take an online course, earn a certificate, sign a waiver and participate in 15 to 20 hours of hands-on training taught by emergency professionals. All of the training sessions will be held from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m., except for the final exercise, which will be from 9 a.m. to noon.
The CERT 2018 training schedule will be as follows:
- Feb 15: Orientation and Disaster Preparedness
- Feb. 22: CERT Organization-ICS
- March 1: Disaster Psychology
- March 8: Terrorism and CERT
- March 22: Disaster Medical (Part 1)
- April 5: Disaster Medical (Part 2)
- April 12: Light Search and Rescue
- April 19: Fire Safety and Utility Controls
- April 26: Make-Up Session
- To be determined: Final Exercise
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.