The Cleveland Congenital Heart Walk, sponsored by the Childrens’ Heart Foundation, is a fun, free, family-friendly yearly event where we raise awareness and funding for Crucial Research to end Congenital Heart Defects, which affect 1 out of every 110 babies born in the United States that can end in infant or child mortality. The Congenital Heart Walk relies on the invaluable help of many Volunteers for this event.
With your generous help as a Volunteer, we raise money for Congenital Heart Defect Research, help our Heart Warriors, Heart Angel Families, and all of our other supporters, connect with our mission at these events.
We have engaging and important roles for our needed VOLUNTEERS for this important event. We seek to build large, diverse communities to help us grow! We’d love your help, and you can contribute to our mission in the role as a volunteer that best fits you!
The 2022 Cleveland Congenital Heart Walk takes place on Saturday, September 10th at 9:30 a.m., (walkers will register at 8:30 a.m.) at Wade Oval (University Circle Area) 10820 East Blvd. Cleveland, OH 44106.
Volunteers are needed from 5:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. in the following areas:
(Please note, anyone volunteering does not have to stay for the whole event time)
- Set-up and Break Down Assistance (tents, tables, chairs, stations, stage, signage & course marking).
- Registration/Check-in of Walkers and Teams, distribution of fundraising incentives, post-event inventory and breakdown of supplies.
- Parking & Greeting – Greet & Support guests by assisting with parking, managing traffic flow and welcoming guests to the walk site.
- Hydration, Food & Refreshment – Help set-up & support refreshment stations for guest arrival through the start of the Walk.
- Game Zone & Start/Finish Cheer Squad – Set-up & Support our Game Zone, and cheer on our participating families, including distribution of Congenital Heart Foundation Flags at conclusion of walk.
- Floaters – Help as needed throughout the event in various areas.
If you are interested in Volunteering for one of more of these roles, please contact Kim Sespico/Cleveland Congenital Heart Walk – Volunteer Coordinator at: firstname.lastname@example.org