Provost and Executive Vice President Ben Vinson III has announced the search committee chairs and members for the new vice provost and university librarian search.
Case School of Engineering Dean Ragu Balakrishnan and Associate Provost for Interprofessional and Interdisciplinary Education and Research Tyler Reimschisel will co-chair the committee.
The committee’s other members are:
- Timothy Beal, chair and professor in the Department of Religious Studies;
- Francesca Brittan, associate professor in the Department of Music;
- Marel Corredor-Hyland, , diversity, campus partners and HR development team leader at Kelvin Smith Library;
- Arlishea Fulton, senior counsel in the Office of General Counsel;
- Taylor McClaskie, PhD student;
- Tina Oestreich, senior director of teaching and learning technologies;
- Clare Rimnac, Distinguished University Professor in the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering;
- Julian Rogers, executive director of local government and community relations; and
- Melvin Smith, professor in the Department of Organizational Behavior at Weatherhead School of Management and faculty director of Executive Education.
The committee will begin drafting the position specification for the next vice provost and University Librarian. Listening sessions will be held with campus constituents to hear what qualifications they would like to see in the new vice provost. These sessions will be announced in The Daily as soon as they are scheduled.