Vice Dean for Diversity and Inclusive Excellence, School of Medicine

The School of Medicine seeks a Vice Dean for Diversity and Inclusive Excellence. This key leadership role will oversee activities of the school and support faculty activities across all missions including research, education, training, outreach, and recruitment to promote an equitable, just, diverse and inclusive environment in which all members of the school’s community can flourish.

The Vice Dean will report to the Dean of the School of Medicine and will collaborate with other stakeholders on campus and across the clinical affiliates as well as serve an important partner for the Office of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development. 

We seek applicants who are eager to develop programs to promote our commitment to principles of community and inclusive excellence. The Vice Dean will assemble information on faculty demographics, promotion, tenure, salary compensation by gender and racial/ethnic group across the faculty of medicine. Further, the Vice Dean will assure an environment that prohibits any form of discrimination against any person on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, sexual orientation, marital or parental status, national origin, citizenship, disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other legally protected status.

The school has developed a Diversity and Inclusion Strategic Action Plan that will be reviewed, updated annually, and implemented under the direction and prioritization of this Vice Dean.

It is expected that this position will require 40% effort through the SOM and that the individual will continue to contribute to their faculty obligations for the remaining 60% of their effort.

This position is limited to full-time CWRU faculty.

For more details about this position, see the posting. Interested applicants should send a CV and Letter of Interest to by February 15, 2021.