Close up photo of a young woman working on laptop with papers surrounding her on desk

Update your beneficiary and emergency contact information

Human Resources reminds faculty and staff members to update their beneficiary and emergency contact information annually.


To update the beneficiaries for your Case Western Reserve University life insurance policy, complete the Beneficiary Designation Form, and for the Plan B pension, complete the Plan B Beneficiary Designation Form. If your marital status changes, you must also submit a Benelect 2023 Change of Status Form in addition to the beneficiary form.  

Submit forms to the HR Service Center securely via Ask HR Box or to Crawford Hall, Room 320. To update your TIAA account: 

  1. Log in to your account;
  2. Navigate to actions; then
  3. Navigate to “add-edit beneficiaries.”

To update your Vanguard account: 

  1. Log in to your account 
  2. Navigate to “my profile;” then
  3. Navigate to “beneficiaries.”

Emergencies contacts

It is important to update your emergency contacts in HCM in the event CWRU needs to contact someone on your behalf due to an emergency situation. To review or change your emergency contacts:

  1. Go to the HCM Employee Self Service screen:
  2. Select the “personal details” tile;
  3. Navigate to “emergency contacts:
  4. Select the plus sign to add a contact or select an existing contact to change or delete the information.