Representatives from TIAA and Vanguard will conduct virtual retirement educational seminars this spring for faculty and staff members. All seminars will be held from noon to 1 p.m. on the dates listed. Registration is required for the seminars.
Questions? Email AskHR@case.edu or call the HR Service Center at 216.368.6964.
“Inside Money—Managing Income and Debt” (TIAA)
Wednesday, March 10
Everyone talks about a budget, but how many of us actually make and stick to one? Most people have some debt, but how many understand its effects? This session will cover the real impact of both—and help attendees understand how their money can work for them. This webinar presented by TIAA will:
- Discuss the importance of cash flow and how to use it;
- Focus on how you look at saving and spending; and
- Help you evaluate debt—and find ways to help manage it.
Register for “Inside Money—Managing Income and Debt.”
“Is Roth Right for You?” (Vanguard)
Wednesday, March 24
This webinar is intended for those who want to learn more about the Roth 403(b) After-Tax Contributions feature in the Case Western Reserve University Retirement Plan. Highlights include:
- Who should (and who should not) consider making Roth 403(b) after-tax contributions;
- The basics of Roth 403(b) after-tax contributions and distributions;
- The benefits of tax diversification; and
- How Roth 403(b) after-tax contributions will impact your take-home pay vs. pre-tax contributions.
Register for the “Is Roth Right for You?” session.
“Within Reach: Transitioning from Career to Retirement” (TIAA)
Wednesday, April 14
Financial planning doesn’t end with retirement—retirees may have 20 or 30 years to enjoy it. This webinar presented by TIAA will review:
- How to pay yourself once you’re no longer receiving a paycheck;
- Other considerations—like taxes, health care and estate planning; and
- What retirement may look like, financially and emotionally.
Register for “Within Reach: Transitioning from Career to Retirement.”
“Financial Freedom: Strategies for Reducing Debt and Saving More” (Vanguard)
Wednesday, April 28
Do you find it hard to fit saving for retirement into your budget? This webinar provides rules of thumb to help you save more and tips for doing it within your current financial situation. Budgeting current expenses, saving for emergencies, reducing debt and building long-term wealth will be some of the strategies discussed.
Register for “Financial Freedom: Strategies for Reducing Debt and Saving More.”