The Professional Development Center aims to provide Case Western Reserve University employees with comprehensive, high-quality learning and development resources that advance the performance of the individual and the university. The center supports staff in achieving their professional development goals.
The center offers one-on-one career development support, including help with the following:
- Resume review;
- Cover letter writing;
- Interview preparations or mock interviews;
- Talking through career options;
- Preparing for difficult conversations with supervisors or colleagues;
- Relationship-building strategies;
- How to make the most out of performance review forms and meetings;
- Personalized training recommendations;
- Recommendations for self-guided team-building strategies;
- Career planning;
- Identifying, understanding and explaining your transferable skills;
- Highlighting unique experiences on a resume or in your current work;
- Understanding job descriptions and the application process;
- Zoom etiquette for meetings, interviews, etc.; and
- Strategies for productivity, time management and collaboration.
Interested in one of the categories above or have something else in mind? Schedule a 30-minute consultation to discuss your ideas and get help navigating resources available on campus. Learn more about Career Development Consultations and sign up for a 30-minute meeting.
While the center’s Supervisor Training Program has concluded for this school year, it will be back in the fall with new programs for groups.