The Swagelok Center for Surface Analysis of Materials will offer a one-day short course over fall break Monday, Oct. 24, from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. in White Building, Room 411.
The event, which will focus on “Structural & Compositional Analysis Solutions,” is free and open to all.
The morning session will be held from 9 a.m. to noon and feature the following speakers:
- Amir Avishai: Introduction
- Wayne Jennings: “Auger Electron Spectroscopy”
- Kevin Abbasi: “X-Ray Photoelectron Spectroscopy/ESCA” and “Time of Flight Secondary Ion Mass Spectroscopy”
- Jonathan Cowen: “X-Ray Diffraction”
Refreshments will be served during a lunch break.
The afternoon session will be held from 1 to 5 p.m. and feature the following speakers:
- Nan Avishai: “Scanning Electron Microscopy”
- Amir Avishai: “Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy,” “Electron BackScattered Diffraction,” and “Focused Ion Beam”
- Danqi Wang: “Transmission Electron Microscopy and Electron Energy Loss Spectroscopy”
- Richard Tomazin: “Atomic Force Microscopy and Nanoindentation”
Register for the course by emailing Sharon Dingess at email@example.com; use “2016 registration for SCSAM 1-Day Short Course” in the subject line.
The Swagelok Center for Surface Analysis of Materials provides:
- Access to high-end analytical equipment;
- Expert staff support;
- Access to vendor support;
- Training – equipment operation and data analysis;
- Tailoring solutions to be applied in research and industrial settings; and
- Methods and expertise development.
The Swagelok Center for Surface Analysis of Materials is part of the larger CWRU Service Center Group, serving as an extension of research and industrial lab infrastructures.