With the adoption of Canvas as the learning management system at Case Western Reserve University, the previous system, Blackboard, will be decommissioned June 1. After this date, individuals will no longer be able to access content in that system.
Teaching and Learning Technologies recommends that students retrieve their content submitted through Blackboard that they might need to use for portfolios, applications and future classes before June 1.
To get help locating and saving their Blackboard work, students can:
- Refer to the University Technology ([U]Tech) website at edu/utech/canvas/training/save-blackboard-content/;
- Contact the [U]Tech Service Desk at firstname.lastname@example.org, 216.368.HELP (4357) or help.case.edu; or
- Attend “Blackboard Blitz” training drop-in sessions.
“Blackboard Blitz” training will help students move data out of Blackboard. The Canvas team will help individuals locate and download data from Blackboard and save it on their computer for future use. Drop-in training sessions are 30 minutes long and held at various campus locations throughout the spring.
Upcoming “Blackboard Blitz” dates are:
- Wednesday, March 28, from 10 to 10:30 a.m. in Yost Hall, Room 102
- Friday, March 30, from 1 to 1:30 p.m. in Clark Hall, Room 103
- Monday, April 2, from 10 to 10:30 a.m. in Kent Hale Smith Building, Room 119
- Wednesday, April 4, from 9 to 9:30 a.m. in Mather House, Room 107
- Thursday, April 12, from 1:30 to 2:00 p.m. in Frances Payne Bolton School of Nursing, Room 130
Students are not required to register for drop-in sessions. The full training calendar is available online.