Megan Long, CWRU advocate, along with a survivor advocate from The Cleveland Rape Crisis Center (CRCC), are available to provide confidential short-term counseling, support, resources and advocacy to all undergraduate and graduate students of any gender who have experienced sexual, dating, or power-based personal violence. All services and sessions with Long and CRCC are free and confidential.
What is the advocate’s role?
- Help students understand, evaluate and choose among services/resources available both on and off campus.
- Clarify the university process for sexual misconduct incidents.
- Refer students to appropriate resource(s) once they have identified a recovery plan and goals.
Walk-in hours and appointment information
Students are free to speak with an advocate during available walk-in hours but appointments are available outside of these hours as well. Please call University Counseling Services at 216.368.5872 to schedule an appointment with Long.
Students may also choose to speak with a survivor advocate from the Cleveland Rape Crisis Center who can provide support, resources, and advocacy. These services are also free and confidential for any CWRU student.
To schedule an appointment with the CRCC, call 216.619.6194 ext.141 or visit clevelandrapecrisis.org. For the 24/7 hotline, text or call 216.619.6192. This support, information and resource is anonymous and confidential.
Spring 2020 walk in schedule
- Mondays: Flora Stone Mather Center for Women – 2 – 5 p.m.
- Tuesdays: LGBT Center – 1- 4 p.m.
- Wednesdays: Flora Stone Mather Center for Women – 1- 4 p.m.