Join the Veale Institute for Entrepreneurship for its inaugural Sports Entrepreneurship Conference Friday, Sept. 24, featuring remarkable speakers in the industry, providing insight and advice. Hear from experienced sports executives on how an entrepreneurial mindset has helped build their careers and in some cases, their businesses.
The lineup includes a variety of speakers, including the former Cleveland Indians president and general manager, the first Black, female professional baseball coach, and more.
View the full event schedule:
- 10 to 10:45 a.m. | “Growing and Marketing a Digital-Age Football League” with Jennifer Rottenberg, chief marketing officer of Fan Controlled Football
- 11 to 11:45 a.m. | “Integrating Leadership Best Practices in Professional Sports” with Mark Shapiro, president and CEO of the Toronto Blue Jays
- Noon to 12:45 p.m. | “Emerging Opportunities around Name, Image and Likeness (NIL)” with Joe Nahra (LAW ‘98), former staff counsel of the NFL Players Association, and Carlos Fleming, partner and sports talent group head at Endeavor
- 1 to 1:45 p.m. | “Leveraging Data in Performance and Sales Forecasting” with Jimmy Buffi, co-founder of Reboot Motion and Gabe Gershenfeld, co-founder/president of Demand Analytics
- 2 to 2:45 p.m. | “Career, Control and Crisis in Sports Communication” with Lisa Levine, president of Sports Media Consulting, ZONE
- 3 to 3:45 p.m. | “Technology & Sports Performance in Baseball” with Bianca Smith (MGT ‘17, LAW ‘17), minor league coach with the Boston Red Sox
- 4 to 4:45 p.m. | “A Case Study of Student-Led Sports-Health Startups” with Matt Campagna (CWR ‘19), founder/CEO of Reflexion and Nathan Swift (GRS ’16), co-founder/COO of Hedgemon
- 4:45 p.m. to 5 p.m. | Closing remarks