In collaboration with campus and community partners, the Center for Civic Engagement & Learning (CCEL) will continue its new series highlighting a different form of civic engagement that contributes to social change each month. October’s theme is “Political Involvement.” Explore one of the many opportunities to engage this month, and stay tuned to the Social Change Series website for upcoming opportunities.
Some suggestions to get involved include:
- Hear from panelists working at the intersection of policy, politics, and research during an event titled “Current Political Issues in Cleveland and How Research Can Help Make a Change” Thursday, Oct. 15, from 5:15 to 6:30 p.m. EST.
- Watch a free screening of the documentary, Represent, which features three women who ran for public office in the Midwest, and then engage in a post-film discussion with a CWRU alum featured in the film Friday, Oct. 16, from 6:30 to 7:30 p.m. EST.
- Explore careers for the common good with CWRU alumni working in public policy and government Thursday, Oct. 22, from 7 to 8:15 p.m. EST as they share about their career journeys.
- Better understand local politics by hearing from CWRU faculty and staff who have held political positions at the local level Friday, Oct. 30, from 4:45 to 6 p.m. EST.
- Stay tuned to CCEL’s elections and voter resources page for tips on exercising your right to vote.