Members of the Case Western Reserve University community are invited to a panel discussion titled “Russia’s War in Ukraine” with Case Western Reserve University faculty members.
Set to take place Wednesday, March 2, at 4 p.m. via Zoom, the event will feature the following panelists:
- David Clingingsmith, associate professor of economics;
- Jay Geller, professor of history;
- Kelly McMann, professor of political science;
- Ken Ledford, associate professor of history; and
- Roman Sheremeta, associate professor of economics.
Sheremeta, who is Ukrainian and has been in Ukraine until recently, will open with some reflections. This will be followed by short presentations on the contemporary Russian and Ukrainian political contexts and explorations of the roots in the development of Ukrainian nationalism in the 19th century and then in the Soviet Era. There will then be time for general discussion and questions from the audience.
This initial Zoom event will be followed by an in-person event after spring break.