All individuals who supervise student workers should review the following details regarding student employment.
The last day of the 2019-20 academic year was May 7. Please ensure all hours have been entered and approved for the term. Job records will terminate by the end of the week. New hire forms for the 2020-21 academic year, including summer session 2020, are available on the Financial Aid website.
Summer employment begins Sunday, May 10.
Information for all student employees
As we continue with remote learning over summer, if students have the means to work remotely, they may be hired for summer employment.
First-time campus hires will need to submit the required Employment Packet, which includes the Federal I-9 Employment Verification Form. Review instructions on how to complete the verification process remotely.
Students who are local may contact the Office of Student Employment to schedule an appointment to complete the process.
Students cannot begin to work before submitting all forms required for creating a student record in the HCM payroll system. These include the hire form, job description, supporting documents, and the Federal W-4 and IT-State tax forms. Additionally, the Federal I-9 form must be completed within three days of the hiring date.
Please note the following:
- Students may work up to 40 hours per week.
- No Federal Work-Study funding is available for the summer.
- There is no work extension for graduating seniors. Jobs currently held ended May 7.
- Continuing students in a degree-seeking program may continue to work but require updated paperwork. Registration will be confirmed with the University Registrar.
- HCM will automatically delete a terminated job within 60 days of the termination date. However, unapproved time will hinder the process and a terminated student will not receive pay until time is approved and will remain in your queue indefinitely.
Important summer 2020 dates are:
- Academic year 2019-20 employment ended: May 7
- Summer employment begins: May 10
- Summer employment ends: Aug. 22
- Academic year 2020-21 employment begins: Aug. 24