In celebration of Case Western Reserve University Community Week, the Staff Advisory Council’s Community Service Committee will host a baby shower honoring the 37th anniversary of Providence House, Ohio’s first and one of the nation’s longest operating crisis nurseries. During the event, members of SAC will collect gift cards and cash to benefit the families at Providence House.
The Providence House Baby Shower will be Monday, April 16, from noon to 1 p.m. in Tinkham Veale University Center’s first-floor conference room.
Donations also will be collected until Friday, April 20, at the following sites:
- Adelbert Hall, Suite 409: Beth Jones (Ext. 4460)
- BioEnterprise Building, Room 300: Jovon Jones (Ext. 6063)
- Biomedical Research Building, Room 109: Shanon Swiatkowski (Ext. 7551)
- Cedar Avenue Service Center, Room 170F: Dwayne Bible (Ext. 3246)
- Crawford Hall, Room 532: Theresa Grigger (Ext. 5887)
- George S. Dively Building, Room 104: Laura Weber Smith (Ext. 6043)
- Kelvin Smith Library: Christine Klecic (Ext. 3510)
- School of Dental Medicine, Room 1230: Heidi McKee (Ext. 1374)
- School of Dental Medicine, Room 1250: Laura Huffman (Ext. 6731)
Gift cards to Dave’s Supermarket, Giant Eagle, Office Depot/OfficeMax, Staples, Target, Walmart and gas stations will be accepted in addition to cash donations.
A full list of accepted items at Providence House can be found at provhouse.org/donate/donate-items.