The Professional Development Center aims to provide Case Western Reserve University employees with comprehensive, high-quality learning and development resources that advance the performance of the individual and the university. The center’s staff is available to support staff members in achieving their professional development goals.
This semester, the center has partnered with several offices on campus to provide a wide variety of training content. During March, there will be a focus on the Sustained Dialogue program.
Sustained Dialogue groups meet to discuss diversity and inclusion issues and to talk about campus, local and national issues. During the first few meetings, group members engage in a number of exercises to allow members to get to know one another and feel comfortable talking openly within the group. Group members then begin to talk about their campus experiences and ways in which the campus environment can be improved.
Whether you are brand new to the Sustained Dialogue program or you have participated in their sessions in the past, there are several sessions left this semester to give everyone a chance to participate.
Through its partnership with the Sustained Dialogue program, the Professional Development Center will offer the following upcoming sessions:
- “Active Listening Skills in Difficult Dialogues”—Wednesday, March 15, from 11 a.m. to noon
- “Question-Asking Skills for Difficult Dialogue”—Wednesday, March 29, from 11 a.m. to noon
- “Question-Asking Skills for Difficult Dialogue”—Friday, April 14, from 11 a.m. to noon
- “Active Listening Skills for Difficult Dialogues”—Friday, April 28, from 11 a.m. to noon
- “Joining a Sustained Dialogue group at CWRU”—Wednesday, May 10, from noon to 1 p.m.
For additional information regarding training session dates and topics, visit the Professional Development Center website.
If you would like to stay in touch with the center, consider signing up for the newsletter, which includes information about services, events, resources and professional development tips each month.