Those participating in ceremonies on commencement day (Sunday, May 19) are encouraged to review the below information and share it with guests in order to prepare.
- Arrive early to the first event in order to get situated for the day. Plan for extra time needed to park or catch a shuttle to the venue. Review the parking and shuttle maps on the commencement website.
- Doors to the Veale Convocation, Recreation and Athletic Center open at 8 a.m. for ticketed guests. Guest seating is general admission. Guests must be seated by 9:15 a.m. for convocation. Ticketed guests arriving later than 9:15 a.m. will be seated after the academic procession has entered the Veale Convocation, Recreation and Athletic Center.
- Guests must have tickets for entrance into the Veale Convocation, Recreation and Athletic Center for convocation and for the undergraduate diploma ceremony. No tickets are required for children under age 2. These children must be seated on a lap for the duration of the ceremonies.
- For guests without tickets, the ceremonies will be broadcast in several auxiliary viewing locations on campus and online via a live webcast.
- Information about accessibility resources for guests is available online.
- Only small bags that can fit under a seat will be permitted inside the Veale Convocation, Recreation and Athletic Center. Strollers will not be permitted inside during convocation or the undergraduate diploma ceremony. A stroller check will be available near the main entrance.
- Absolutely no balloons are allowed inside any of the commencement venues.
- Refreshments, floral bouquets and commencement T-shirts will be available for sale inside the Veale Convocation, Recreation and Athletic Center.
- Guests are encouraged to share pictures using the hashtags #CWRUGrad and #CWRUCommencement on social media. These hashtags will be linked to display on the media wall in the Tinkham Veale University Center on commencement day.
- The commencement website will be updated with links to the ceremony videos in June.
Review more information related to commencement at case.edu/commencement/.