In an effort to reduce benefit costs, Case Western Reserve University will change the pharmacy benefit manager (PBM) from CVS Caremark to MedImpact. The change in PBM affects members who are enrolled in the Medical Mutual PPO, Anthem PPO and Anthem HDHP medical insurance plans.
While the benefit design (i.e. copayments) will not change, members can expect the following:
- New member ID cards to be distributed in July;
- A customer service telephone number for support provided by MedImpact; and
- Maintenance medications filled through the mail order pharmacy, managed by Direct Scripts.
The changes will take effect Wednesday, Aug. 1. The Department of Human Resources, in cooperation with MedImpact and Direct Scripts, has been working steadily to minimize service disruptions during the transition period.
Additional details about the transition will be forthcoming over the next few weeks. MedImpact will send notices to all participating employees. The notices will provide answers to some of the more commonly asked questions.
To learn more about the upcoming change, please plan to attend an informational town hall session:
- Tuesday, June 26, at noon in Ford Auditorium
- Thursday, June 28, at 10 a.m. in Adelbert Hall, Toepfer Room
- Thursday, July 5, at 2 p.m. in Wolstein Research Building, Auditorium
- Tuesday, July 10, at 10 a.m. in Ford Auditorium