Updates have been made to Safe Ride for the fall semester, including changes made to the service due to COVID-19. The following procedures will be in place this fall:
- All riders must wear masks while in the vehicle.
- Each van will have sanitizer available for riders.
- Drivers can only pick-up/drop-off one request at a time.
- Drivers cannot add any riders to a request.
- There will be no more than two riders per van, per ride.
- If two riders are present, riders should use the middle and back rows for social distancing.
Safe Ride is intended to provide a safe and efficient ride from one location to another as a security function. When possible, individuals are encouraged to take shuttles. In these instances, shuttles will be a quicker option and Safe Ride will be preserved for those whose destination is not along a shuttle route.
The service will operate from 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. An area map is available on the Public Safety website.
Public Safety aims to keep response times low for Safe Ride requests. Repeated cancellations and resubmissions of the same ride request can negatively impact wait times across the system. Individuals are encouraged to refrain from this as much as possible.