NTRN 367 is a new Fall course on Nutrition Strategies and Wellness programming ( offered Tues/Thu 11:30 to 12:45 PM; pre-req NTRN 201). This course is great for all majors and any student who is interested in wellness.
Course Goal: To explore wellness and its implication on nutritional choices.
Key concepts include:
- Well-being extends beyond smart dietary choices;
- The interrelationship among the social, emotional, spiritual, occupational, intellectual, and physical wellness can alter adherence to a healthy diet;
- Cultural differences in wellness have an impact on nutritional choices;
- Nutritional strategies must be individualized and account for all aspects of wellness and cultural differences;
- Inter-professional teams including experts from each area of wellness are essential in optimizing health care.