Faculty members Lisa Huisman Koops and Nate Kruse of the Department of Music, along with graduate students Jessica Steuver and Dennis Giotta, presented four research sessions and one poster session this past November at the National Association for Music Education Biennial conference.
The presentations represented several national and international research collaborations on the topics of:
- Career preparation of doctoral students;
- The experience of music teaching during COVID;
- Mental health impact of participation in a choir during the pandemic;
- Student perceptions of expressed versus applied requirements in undergraduate music education curricula; and
- The influences and structuring of a home musical environment of a family with young children.