You get upsetting news and suddenly feel sick to your stomach. You’re nervous about a big meeting and you begin to sweat and your heart races. Examples of the mind-body connection are endless.
Faculty and staff can learn more about the connection by participating in a June webinar offered by Case Western Reserve University’s employee assistance program through IMPACT Solutions. Titled “Master Your Mind: Emotional and Physical Health Connections,” the session will be particularly helpful for those living with chronic illness or other health challenges.
Participants will learn strategies that employ the mind to lessen chronic pain, reduce depression associated with physical ailments, improve health outcomes and more. The online seminar also will cover the latest research findings and techniques to help individuals feel their best, both mentally and physically.
To access the seminar, follow the below steps:
- Visit the IMPACT Solutions website.
- Click on the orange “Go to member login” box.
- Enter the username. Those who don’t remember the username can call 1.800.227.6007.
- Click the “Sign in” box.
- Click on the blue “Webinar” box.
- Under “June Webinar” select either “No Completion Certificate” to view anonymously or “Completion Certificate” if you want proof of having viewed the webinar.