The MacArthur Foundation is hosting the “100&Change” competition, which will provide a $100 million grant to fund a single proposal “that will make measurable progress toward solving a significant problem.”
The foundation has urged the university to only submit one proposal from CWRU, so the senior research committee will have an internal review process to select one project to be submitted with institutional endorsement. The deadline for internal applications is July 22 at 5 p.m.
- Illustrate a powerful solution to a compelling and crucial problem;
- Reach an ambitious but realistic level of impact that maximizes improvements;
- Have a profound public benefit;
- Be grounded in authentic, certifiable results that can easily be replicated;
- Include universally recognized methodology, technology and/or science;
- Be led by a team of seasoned experts who have achieved remarkable results;
- Have a budget and project plan grounded in successful past performance;
- Demonstrate a perpetual solution with recognized and lasting results; and
- Describe a compelling support model.
The funding is for three to six years and includes $87 million for direct costs and $13 million for indirect costs.
For more information about the award, eligibility and application process, visit research.case.edu/limitedsubmissions/MacArthur2016.cfm.