The Professional Development Center aims to provide Case Western Reserve University employees with comprehensive, high-quality learning and development resources that advance the performance of the individual and the university. The center’s team is available to support the university’s staff in achieving their professional development goals.
The center offers one-on-one career development support—but what does that mean? The center’s career development manager can help staff with things like:
- Resume reviews;
- Cover letter writing;
- Interview preparations or mock interviews;
- Talking through career options;
- Preparing for difficult conversations with supervisors or colleagues;
- Relationship-building strategies;
- How to make the most out of performance review forms and meetings;
- Personalized training recommendations;
- Recommendations for self-guided team-building strategies;
- Career planning;
- Identifying, understanding and explaining your transferable skills;
- How to highlight unique experiences on a resume or in your current work;
- Understanding job descriptions and the application process;
- Zoom etiquette for meetings, interviews, etc.; and
- Strategies for productivity, time management and collaboration.
Interested in one of those categories or have something else in mind? Schedule a 30-minute consultation to discuss your ideas.
Though the supervisor training program has concluded for this school year, it will be back in the fall with new programs for groups. If you are looking for quick tips and tricks or just to stay in touch with the center, follow @cwru_pdc on Instagram, where the center will share posts all summer. Staff members also can reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.