Effective Friday, Aug. 10, Google is rolling out an update to Gmail that will affect all those with a Case Western Reserve University G Suite email account. The update features:
- New interface design
- Option to “snooze” all inbound emails
- Ability to expand or shrink inbox view
- Viewing the Google Calendar, Tasks and more from within Gmail
For more information on the new features and functionality, visit the Google Support page.
Once the update has been implemented, users can opt out of the change until Tuesday, Oct. 16, by following these directions:
- Click ‘Settings’ at the upper right of the Gmail inbox, represented by a gear icon
- Click ‘Go back to classic Case Western Reserve University Mail’
This will retain the classic view until Oct. 16, when all users will be required to use the new interface.