The Wellness Program for faculty and staff will host a Sleep Well series this fall. This program will teach participants about the importance of quality sleep, as well as common sleep disorders—and how these can affect our health and well-being.
Sleep Well is an eight-week program taught by various medical and sleep professionals.
The series schedule is:
- Sept. 28: “What Is Sleep? What Happens If We Don’t Get Enough Sleep?” with Dennis Auckley
- Oct. 5: “Sleep Disorders: Hypersomnia & Parasomnias” with John Carter
- Oct. 12: “Sleep Disorders: Insomnia” with John Carter
- Oct. 19: “Sleep Disorders: Breathing Issues” with Dennis Auckley
- Oct. 26: “Calming the Mind: Yoga & Meditation for Insomnia” Deirdre Wenzel
- Nov. 2: “Sleep Disorders: Sleep Related Movement Disorders” with Nicoleta Olteanu
- Nov. 9: “Sleep Disorders: Circadian Rhythm Issues” with Ziad Shaman
- Nov. 16: “The Impact of Nutrition on Sleep” with Lindsay Malone
All sessions will take place via Zoom from noon to 1 p.m.