Now that December has started, it’s only a matter of time before campus is blanketed in snow. So we asked members of the Case Western Reserve University community how they best like to spend a wintry day in Cleveland in this week’s Connect question in The Daily.
Those who responded have a solid idea of what makes a good winter day, whether it’s staying in and watching movies or experimenting in the lab.
But some also gave Cleveland-specific ideas of how to spend a wintry day. Here are some of our favorite answers (which have been edited for clarity):
- Cross-country skiing on the towpath trail in the Cuyahoga Valley National Park
- Bundling up and wandering up to the top of the hill to get warm lentil soup at Aladdin’s! Then getting hot chocolate and ice skating at Wade Oval or visiting GLOW at the Botanical Gardens
- In a museum—Cleveland Botanical Garden greenhouses, Cleveland Museum of Art galleries or Western Reserve Historical Society historic mansions
- Walking around Wade Park, enjoying the beautiful snow with friends
- GE Lighting Display [at Nela Park]
- A walk in the Cleveland Metroparks
- Taking a walk around Wade Lagoon
- Throwing snowballs on campus
Do you enjoy one of these activities or have another Cleveland favorite? Let us know in the comments.