The Faculty for Mindfulness Committee was formed in January to promote awareness and options for incorporating mindfulness into teaching in order to help students improve emotional regulation and concentration skills as well as to help them absorb and reflect meaningfully on course content.
While it’s never too late to introduce mindfulness practices, it may be most effective to plan for integration of such practices into summer and fall classes.
Faculty members can use the following links as starting points:
- Current research about mindfulness pedagogy
- Short mindfulness activities for starting class
- Ideas for integrating mindfulness into a class
Information about campus resources is available at the following links:
For further information, to share your own experiences with mindfulness, or to get involved with the Faculty for Mindfulness Committee, contact members of the Faculty for Mindfulness Committee:
- Barbara Burgess-Van Aken, Department of English (email@example.com)
- Elizabeth Click, CWRU Wellness Program Medical Director & School of Nursing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Marjorie Edguer, Mandel School of Applied Social Sciences (email@example.com)
- Jesse Honsky, School of Nursing (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Matt Salerno, School of Law (email@example.com)
- Amy Wilson-Delfosse, School of Medicine (firstname.lastname@example.org)