The City of Elyria will collaborate with Case Western Reserve University, Dataswift, Kinetic by Windstream HAT-LAB, and the Ethical Tech Alliance on Elyria’s first “Hack-a-thon.” Campus community members are invited to work over the weekend, from Friday, Oct. 22, through Sunday, Oct. 24., to “hack” together a solution to a community-wide issue in Elyria.
The city will accept solution ideas for the following community issues:
- Community violence intervention;
- Access to social and emotional mental health services;
- Improvements or expansions of local parks;
- Small business assistance or entrepreneurship development;
- Access to out-of-school childcare;
- Job training assistance; and
- Revitalizing the local travel, tourism and hospitality industries.
All solutions submitted must use technology or data to drive measurable improvements.
Those interested in taking part do not need to be from Elyria to participate. Visit Elyria Hack from Home to learn more about the event.