As Case Western Reserve University students wrap up their finals, many will head home for winter break, leaving their residence halls or apartments for several weeks while others will remain around campus.
The Division of Public Safety has tips to share for members of the university community—whether they will be on or off campus during the upcoming break.
Below are some tips to keep in mind for those leaving campus:
- Secure living areas before leaving campus for winter break.
- Unplug appliances and clean out refrigerators.
- Secure and hide, if possible, any valuables being left on campus.
- Make sure all windows and doors to living areas are secure before leaving.
- When traveling—whether on public transportation or by any other mode—be aware of your surroundings, and if you see something, say something.
- Call the CWRU Police Department (216.368.3300) or use Safe Ride (216.368.3000) for help getting to a transit stop on or near campus.
For those staying on campus, remember that there will be fewer people and less activity on campus after finals. Continue using transport options (such as Safe Ride and shuttles) and other campus services.
The CWRU Police Department can be reached over break 24 hours a day for any type of on-campus assistance. Call 216.368.3333 in an emergency; for non-emergencies, call 216.368.3300. Please use Rave Guardian app as a resource.