With several weeks of early sunsets still ahead and weather that is often inclement, Safe Ride can be a great option for moving around campus during evening hours. So this month, the Division of Public Safety is highlighting Safe Ride in its monthly series of safety tips and reminders.
Safe Ride, an after-hours transportation option driven by CWRU security officers, runs from 6 p.m. to 3 a.m. every day during the academic year. The service covers campus and part of University Circle. (See a map with the services areas.)
- To request a Safe Ride, you can use the CWRU Safe Ride mobile app, the Rave Guardian safety app, visit saferide.case.edu or call 216.368.3000.
- All Safe Ride vans are clearly marked as such. Recently, yellow lights were added to the dashboard or top of all Safe Ride vans to help users ensure they are entering the right vehicle. The lights activate when the vehicle reaches a pick-up location. Do not enter a vehicle without the correct signage/lighting, and be sure to check your Safe Ride assignment to be sure it is the correct driver and vehicle. If you have any concerns, call the CWRU Communications Center at 216.368.3300 to verify the vehicle at your location is Safe Ride.
- If you find that you no longer need a ride, please cancel through the app or by calling 216.368.3000.
- Safe Ride is intended as a supplement to, not a replacement for, shuttle services provided by the university. In some cases, using a shuttle may get you to your destination faster.
- Repeated cancellations and resubmissions of the same ride request can negatively impact wait times across the system. Please refrain from this as much as possible.
- The service is not intended for medical transports; if you are feeling ill, please call 216.368.3333 for an ambulance.
- When possible, try to wait for your ride with friends. Choose a well-lit area.
The CWRU Police Department can be reached 24 hours a day for any type of on-campus assistance. Call 216.368.3333 in an emergency; for non-emergencies, call 216.368.3300. Please download the Rave Guardian app for anonymous tip reporting, real-time chat with dispatchers, immediate emergency communications, safety timers and much more.