Faculty and staff members can learn more about the impact the environment has on their health and what they can do to positively impact the environment through their daily activities through a new Wellness Program series.
Environmental health experts from Northeast Ohio and beyond will share their expertise in this seven-week informative series, which will be held on Thursdays from noon to 1 p.m. via Zoom.
The schedule will be:
- Oct. 6—“The Hows and Whys of Recycling” with Carin Miller, Cuyahoga County Solid Waste District
- Oct. 13—“Healthy Homes, Healthy People, Healthy Communities” with Kim Foreman, Environmental Health Watch
- Oct. 20—“Environment and Health” with Karen Mulloy, CWRU School of Medicine
- Oct. 27—“What Can We Do About PFAS ‘Forever Chemicals?’” withKurt Rhoads, CWRU Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Nov. 3—“The Nature Prescription” with Jay Maddock, Texas A&M University
- Nov. 10—“Sustainable Healthy Lifestyles” with Stephanie Corbett, CWRU, director of energy and sustainability and the University Farm
- Nov. 17—“How to Have a Beautiful Lawn Without Poisons” with Alex McClennon, CEO of Good Nature Lawn Care