Throughout the day, undergraduate dental students present their research projects to the faculty and their peers and then compete for a variety of awards. Graduate students also present their research on Professional’s Day.
The following awards were presented to undergraduate students:
- First honors–SCADA Award (American Dental Association’s Student Clinicians undergraduate award) for Table Clinic Presentation: Nicole Apollon Chirouze, who won an all-expense-paid trip to San Francisco for the American Dental Association convention in October, where the winners compete in a national competition
- First podium award–Gunther M. Hans Award for Presentations from Platform: Velizar Petrov
- Second award–Omicron Kappa Upsilon national honorary dental fraternity: Robert Appel, who won a certificate and $500
- Second honors–Basic, Clinical or Community Science Presentation Award: first place: Nate Buckner and Brian Cope; second place: Michael Davis
- Vibeke K. Nygaard Award: Emma A. Schmidt
Two graduate students also were recognized:
- Dr. Nabil Bissada Graduate Student Award: first award: Ryan L. Reese; second award: Ahmed Alzahran
This year’s efforts were financially supported by 27 dental vendors.