Though National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (October) is over, University Technology’s ([U]Tech) Information Security Office (ISO) wants to remind CWRU community members about one of its newest security offerings: LastPass.
LastPass is software that makes password management quick and easy. It can:
- Generate hard-to-crack passwords;
- Keep online credentials locked safely in its “vault;”
- Auto-fill website log-ins once the vault is accessed via a master password or passphrase; and
- Correct the common mistakes of writing down, forgetting or repeating passwords.
Members of the campus community also can review the past month’s information about securing data and privacy against digital criminals by reading the Cybersecurity Awareness Month articles published in The Daily in October:
- Browse safely with tips from [U]Tech
- Stay safe from malware
- Practice proper credit card data usage and storage on campus
- What users can do in response to Facebook cyberattack and data breach
Find out more about cybersecurity on the ISO website.