The Case Western Reserve University Climate Action Network is excited to announce the second annual Climate Action Week.
Events kick off with the Farm Harvest Festival Saturday, Sept. 24, and will run through Sept. 30. With programming focused on both local and global levels, Climate Action Week has advocacy events, a film highlighting our Great Lake, a discussion about Supreme Court cases and more. Members of the camps community can get involved by:
- Engaging in conversations on the yard signs around campus and going to see the Spirit Wall.
- Checking out the new Climate Action Network website.
- Joining the Climate Action Network CampusGroups page.
- Learning more about events and registering to attend.
- Pledging to engage in a daily climate action.
The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change 2022 report is clear:
“It is unequivocal that human influence has warmed the atmosphere, ocean and land. Widespread and rapid changes in the atmosphere, ocean, cryosphere and biosphere have occurred… Human-induced climate change, including more frequent and intense extreme events, has caused widespread adverse impacts and related losses and damages to nature and people, beyond natural climate variability.” Further, these trends will continue to worsen absent “deep reductions in CO2 and other greenhouse gas emission”.
Climate Action Week gives members of the CWRU community the chance to do something about it together.
Fall 2022 Climate Action Week events
Saturday, Sept. 24
- Farm Harvest Festival, 1–6 p.m.
Monday, Sept. 26
- Thinkbox FixIt Workshop: Clothing Repair and Fast Fashion, 3–7 p.m.
- Undergraduate Research Society September General Body Meeting—Sustainability Workshop, 5:30–6:15 p.m.
- “Getting involved locally! How communities acquire electricity and why it matters to the CWRU community,” 6–8 p.m.
Tuesday, Sept. 27
- Healing Spaces: An Environmental Justice Initiative, 9–10 a.m.
- “Climate Goes To Court: How recent and upcoming supreme court decisions are shaping climate policy,” 5–7 p.m.
Wednesday, Sept. 28
- CCEL Climate Action Week Service Event, 1–3 p.m.
- Film: The Erie Situation, 5:30–8 p.m.
Thursday, Sept. 29
- Climate and Health Panel with Partners in Health Engage, American Medical Student Association and Public Health Association, 6–8 p.m.
Friday, Sept. 30
- Fall 2022 Community Service Fair, 12:30–2 p.m.
Climate Action Week events are sponsored by the Office of the Provost, the Office of Energy and Sustainability, and several engaged partners.