The Case Comprehensive Cancer Center is hosting is quarterly scientific series Monday, June 4 from 5-7pm in the Iris S. and Bert L. Wolstein Research Building auditorium. The program will feature updates from recipients of VeloSano pilot awards. Presentations will be followed by a reception.
- Mark Jackson, PhD: “A high-throughput screen for inhibitors of cancer stem cell plasticity”
- Julian Kim, MD: “Development of intravenously injectable β-glucan treatment for regulating granulocytic myeloid-derived suppressive cells”
- Shigemi Matsuyama, PhD: “Development of new type of therapeutics selectively targeting Bax or Bak”
- Alvin Schmaier, MD: “Tyrosine kinase inhibitors and cardiovascular events in CML”
- Andrew Sloan, MD: “Hematologic biomarkers of treatment response & recurrence in patients with glioblastoma”
- Zhenghe John Wang, PhD: “Develop GPT2 inhibitors to target PI3KCA-mutated colorectal cancers”
- Youwei Zhang, PhD: “Roles of UbcH7 in tumorigenesis and therapy response”
- Lan Zhou, MD, PhD: “Mediates immune-suppressive microenvironment in serrated pathway of colon carcinogenesis”
Learn more about the event at cancer.case.edu/events/sciseries/.