The Social Justice Institute has established a scholarship fund to help Case Western Reserve University students attend conferences to enhance their educational, professional and personal development in social justice.
As limited funds are available, students interested in attending a conference during the 2018-19 academic year are encouraged to complete an online application as soon as possible.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and reviewed monthly.
Some conferences students can attend are:
- Universities Allied for Essential Medicines Annual Conference at McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- National Latina/o Law Student Association Conference at New York Law School, Columbia Law School, New York University School of Law and Cardozo Law School
- International Conference on Hate Studies: Engaging with Communities for Justice at Gonzaga University in Spokane, Washington
- National Student Leadership Diversity Convention, which is offered various dates in New York, Chicago, Atlanta, New Orleans, Los Angeles and Orlando
- Science and Human Rights Coalition Meeting in Washington, D.C.
- Left Forum in New York City
- Global Initiatives in Migrant and Refugee Education: Global Education Responsibilities at Manhattan College in New York City
Funding may be requested for other justice conferences as well. Students can call the Social Justice Institute at 216.368.7568 with questions or for more information.