Upgrades to Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Creative Cloud are available now in the University Technology ([U]Tech) Software Center for all Case Western Reserve University students, faculty and staff.
Adobe Acrobat has been upgraded to Adobe Acrobat Pro DC 2019, available at no additional cost. Adobe Creative Cloud has been upgraded to Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop 2019, available at a cost of $99 (free upgrades for Adobe Creative Cloud are not available).
To download the software:
- Visit the Software Center and click “”I Agree” to accept the end-user license agreement.
- Find “Adobe Acrobat Pro 2019” or “Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop 2019” in the software title list, and click on either the Windows or Mac icon.
- Follow the instructions on the following page.
Licensing and installation notes
Adobe and [U]Tech recommend that users uninstall previous versions before installing the 2019 versions. CWRU members with earlier versions of Acrobat Pro and Creative Cloud should return to the [U]Tech Software Center to upgrade to these new versions.
The 2019 versions include a change in Adobe’s licensing strategy from device-based licenses to named licenses that are associated with the user’s CWRU federated ID, instead of the device on which the software is installed.
Licenses for both titles will remain active for as long as the user is active as faculty or staff or a student at CWRU, or until the end of the Adobe Enterprise Term License Agreement (ETLA) that expires April 1, 2022—whichever comes first.
Named licenses can be installed on more than one device (Windows or Mac) of the purchaser, but no more than two devices can be actively running the software from one license at the same time.
Adobe Acrobat Pro DC is composed of three components:
- Acrobat DC, which allows users to perform a variety of editing functions on their PDFs on desktop and mobile devices;
- Adobe Document Cloud, for creation and export PDF of files, as well as storing/sending files and collecting electronic signatures; and
- Acrobat Reader DC.
Adobe Creative Cloud for desktop includes: Acrobat Pro DC, Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, Lightroom, After Effects and more.
- Quickly launch and update desktop apps;
- Manage and share assets stored in Creative Cloud;
- Download fonts from Adobe Typekit or high-quality royalty-free assets right within the app; and
- Showcase and discover creative work on Behance.