With the adoption of Canvas as the learning management system at Case Western Reserve University, the previous system, Blackboard, will be decommissioned June 1. After this date, individuals will no longer be able to access content in that system.
Teaching and Learning Technologies recommends that students retrieve their content submitted through Blackboard that they might need to use for portfolios, applications and future classes before June 1.
The following resources are available to help students locate and save their Blackboard work:
- Refer to the University Technology ([U]Tech) website;
- Contact the [U]Tech Service Desk at email@example.com or 216.368.4357; or
- Attend Blackboard Blitz training drop-in sessions.
Blackboard Blitz training will help students move data out of Blackboard. The Canvas team will help individuals locate and download data from Blackboard and save it on their computer for future use. Training sessions are 30 minutes long at various campus locations.
Upcoming Blackboard Blitz training drop-in dates are:
- Thursday, March 1, from 1 to 1:30 p.m. at Nord Hall, Room 212;
- Tuesday, March 6, from 11 to 11:30 a.m. at Guilford House, Room 301; and
- Friday, March 9, from 2 to 2:30 p.m. at Bingham, Room 204.
Students are not required to register for drop-in sessions.