The Social Justice Institute is accepting scholarship applications from students interested in attending the Left Forum in New York City June 1–3. Graduate and undergraduate students are encouraged to apply to attend this year’s Left Forum.
The Left Forum is the largest gathering of leftist scholars in North America, with a history that extends back to the 1960s. For description of history, visit leftforum.org/about-us/history-socialist-scholars-conference-left-forum.
This year’s conference theme is “Toward a Winning Strategy for the Left.” Learn more about the theme at leftforum.org/lf-nyc-2018-theme.
Scholarships to attend are available for up to $1,000. Students will be encouraged to share housing after the awardees are selected.
To apply, students must submit the following:
- Name, year of study, areas of study (majors and minors) and email address
- A two- to three-page essay that includes the following:
- Your motivations for attending
- How you expect the forum will inform your education and/or your current work with student organizations on campus
- How you anticipate using what you learn in your future personal or professional life
- How you might share what you learn with peers upon your return to campus
- An estimated budget that includes travel, hotel or housing accommodations, and food costs, and describes your willingness to share costs with other students.
All applications should be submitted to email@example.com as a PDF before Thursday, March 1.
For more information, contact Social Justice Institute Interim Director Tim Black at firstname.lastname@example.org.