Join the Office for Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity for two Homecoming and Reunion Weekend events: a Diversity Think Forum titled “Diversity, Health Equity and the Politics of Healthcare” and the Trailblazer Project Unveiling Ceremony.
Both events are free and open to the public.
Diversity Think Forum: “Diversity, Health Equity and the Politics of Healthcare”
Friday, Oct. 6
9 to 11 a.m.
Adelbert Hall’s Toepfer Room
This forum will feature the following panelists:
- Gregory Hall, medical director of Integrative Clinical Resources Inc. and chair, Ohio Commission on Minority Health;
- Ruqaiijah A. Yearby, CWRU associate dean of institutional diversity and inclusiveness at the School of Law and David L. Brennan Professor of Law;
- Margaret Larkins-Pettigrew, associate professor of reproductive biology at the School of Medicine and the Edgar B. Jackson, Jr., MD Chair for Clinical of Excellence and Diversity; and
- DaShawn Hickman, MD/PhD candidate at the CWRU School of Medicine and member of Medical Scientist Training Program.
RSVP for this event by emailing your name and contact info to email@example.com.
For more information, contact Janetta M. Hammock at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trailblazer Project Unveiling Ceremony
Saturday, Oct. 7
Kelvin Smith Library
This inaugural event will honor six distinguished alumni of color who have made history at Case Western Reserve University, in the community and beyond.
The honorees will be:
- Attorney Fred D. Gray, the leading civil rights lawyer who represented Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.;
- Judge Sara J. Harper, the first African-American woman appointed to the Ohio Supreme Court;
- Architect Robert P. Madison, president of architectural and engineering firm;
- Former Surgeon General David Satcher, a national leader in public health;
- Congressman Louis Stokes (posthumous), Ohio’s first African-American congressman; and
- Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs Jones (posthumous), the first African-American women elected to represent Ohio in the House of Representatives.
The ceremony will include remarks by President Barbara R. Snyder and Vice President for Inclusion, Diversity and Equal Opportunity Marilyn S. Mobley.
To RSVP to this event, contact Regina Gonzalez at email@example.com or 216.368.5646.
Learn more about The Trailblazer Project at case.edu/diversity/programs/trailblazer-project/.