It’s that time of year again: The leaves are changing, the air is cooling, and the weekends are filled with events. As classes begin to settle into routine and students prepare for their first round of tests, the Student Homecoming Committee of 2017 has been planning a week in celebration of Case Western Reserve University all around this year’s theme: CWRU’s Greatest Hits.
CWRU’s Greatest Hits highlights are:
- Decades Yoga: This year, the University Program Board will kick off the festivities with yoga featuring music from the 1970s, 1980s and 1990s. The event will be held Saturday, Sept. 30, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Leutner.
- Farm Harvest Festival: After yoga, students are encouraged to head out to the University Farm for Student Sustainability Council’s Farm Harvest Festival Saturday, Sept. 30, from 1 to 6 p.m. The event will feature activities, food, demonstrations and more.
- COC Homecoming Kickoff: The Class Officer Collective will help students get in the homecoming spirit with balloons, free food and giveaways at the Homecoming Kickoff on the Binary Walkway Monday, Oct. 2, from 10 a.m. to noon.
- Thwing Tuesday: Join University Program Board for a homecoming-themed Thwing Tuesday Oct. 3 from noon to 1 p.m.
- Blue Block Party: Students can take a quick study break at the university’s Blue Block Party to kick off the alumni portion of the weekend Thursday, Oct. 5, from 7 to 9 p.m. at Toby’s Plaza.
- Greek Sing: Held by the Greek community, this will be the part of the year-long competition for the Spartan Cup. This event will be held Friday, Oct. 6, from 6 to 9 p.m. at the Milton and Tamar Maltz Performing Arts Center.
- Stephanie Tubbs Jones Homecoming 5K Race and 1-Mile Fun: Saturday, Oct. 7, from 8:30 to 10 a.m. on the north side of campus. Held in honor of Stephanie Tubbs Jones, proceeds from this event directly benefit a current undergraduate student at Case Western Reserve University. Register for the race.
- Homecoming parade: The parade will step off at 11 a.m. Saturday, Oct. 7. Float and banner registration is available online. Learn more about the parade and view the route at students.case.edu/traditions/events/homecoming/parade/.
- Spartan Tailgate: Get ready for the football game as the Alumni Association and Residence Hall Association host the Spartan Tailgate Saturday, Oct. 7, at 11:30 a.m. at Leutner Commons. There will be food, games and more.
- Football game: Finish the week off as the university community gathers to cheer on the Spartan football team as they face the Bethany College Bisons and congratulate the 2017 Homecoming Royalty, who will be announced at halftime.